By Mary P. Harward MD
Medical secrets and techniques is an easy-to-read, best-selling quantity within the secrets and techniques Series®, excellent to be used in clerkships, for board prep, or as a convenient medical reference. Mary P. Harward, MD offers middle scientific wisdom within the relied on question-and-answer structure that can assist you greater meet the demanding situations you face each day.
- Prepare successfully with the confirmed question-and-answer layout of the hugely acclaimed secrets and techniques Series®.
- Master all universal stipulations and their treatments.
- Identify key evidence and secrets and techniques utilizing the "Top a hundred secrets and techniques" section.
- Review fabric speedy due to bulleted lists, tables, and brief answers.
- Apply pearls, information, reminiscence aids, and "secrets" from specialists within the field.
- Stay present at the newest criteria in therapy because of vast updates, together with new chapters on clinical Ethics, Vascular medication, and Palliative Medicine.
- Get the most recent key info at a look with over 30 new tables and a number of other new figures.
- Consult the e-book anyplace you cross due to the transportable dimension that matches on your lab coat pocket.
- Find details simply utilizing the two-color web page structure, "Key issues" packing containers, and a hugely precise index.
Read Online or Download Medical secrets PDF
Best education & training books
"Karen Stabiner's entering into [is] funny (in a wry form of method) yet pointed and unusually enticing novel approximately parental and teenage obsessiveness concerning the university software technique in autonomous colleges and the debilitating, distorting effect of it on children and households. needs to learn for college-prep children and their mom and dad.
From Publishers Weekly *Starred assessment. * Signature*Reviewed via* Perri KlassI want I had learn this e-book while i used to be in scientific university, and i am happy i have learn it now. so much readers will knowJerome Groopman from his essays within the *New Yorker*, which tackle a large choice of advanced health conditions, evocatively speaking the tensions and feelings of either medical professionals and sufferers.
Symmetry is among the strongest and wide-ranging of mathematical rules with fresh paintings on symmetry breaking, while symmetrical styles are a little altered or corrupted, throwing up a unprecedented diversity of functions and common examples, from the stripes on a tiger's again to the territorial styles of fish and to the constitution of viruses.
- Learning Together: Children and Adults in a School Community
- Curriculum-Based Motivation Group: A Five Session Motivational Interviewing Group Intervention
- Get Through MRCOG Part 2: EMQs
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into Physician Assistant School, Third Edition
- The Hammersmith 1935–1985: The First Fifty Years Royal Postgraduate Medical School at Hammersmith Hospital
- Service Systems Science
Additional resources for Medical secrets
Endocrine disorders: hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, Cushing’s syndrome, Addison’s disease, hypercalcemia, hyperparathyroidism & Rheumatic disorders: rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, fibromyalgia & Neurologic disorders: temporal lobe epilepsy, chronic intracranial hematoma, cerebrovascular accident, multiple sclerosis, frontal lobe tumor, Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia & Infections: hepatitis, infectious mononucleosis, Lyme disease, HIV infection, TB, syphilis, influenza, viral illnesses & Nutritional deficiency: vitamin B 12 147.
Hyperosmolar agents (lactulose, sorbitol, and polyethylene glycol). & Stimulant laxatives (senna and bisacodyl) as needed. Lubiprostone is an approved medicine for the treatment of women with irritable bowel syndrome who have constipation as the main symptom and can also be used for chronic constipation. Lubiprostone improves the frequency of bowel movements and reduces straining and bloating. Side effects include nausea, headache, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. KEY POINTS: SYMPTOMS OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME DISEASE 1.
What is bipolar disorder, type II? The bipolar syndrome characterized by at least one episode of major depression and at least one hypomanic episode. The hypomania is characterized by an abnormally elevated mood (for that individual) but the mood change does not impair function or require hospitalization. Type II bipolar disorder also requires maintenance medication therapy. 152. Are antipsychotic drugs associated with an increased risk of sudden cardiac death? Yes, particularly in patients with dementia in whom these medications are frequently used for behavior management.