By Steven F. Viegas
Hand surgical procedure research Guide presents a detailed evaluate of the perfect hand surgical procedure themes and data puzzled at the Orthopaedic In-Training exam. The prior twenty years of this examination were reviewed and the hand questions were pointed out, subcategorized, entered, and cross-referenced in a database. The textual content is augmented by way of eighty five illustrations, together with 10 in complete colour. This paperback textual content bargains an unprecedented assessment for citizens in orthopaedic surgical procedure, reconstructive cosmetic surgery, hand surgical procedure and trauma surgical procedure. it's also a convenient refresher for the practising surgeon.
Read Online or Download Hand Surgery Study Guide PDF
Best orthopedics books
Histologists and histochemists needs to spend significant attempt this day to discover the tools necessary to practice bone and cartilage-related examine. In guide of Histology equipment for Bone and Cartilage, Y. H. An and ok. L. Martin have assembled an in depth choice of the most important equipment for learning the histology and histomorphometry of bone and cartilage.
Advances in Calcium Phosphate Biomaterials provides a complete, state of the art evaluate of the most recent advances in constructing calcium phosphate biomaterials and their functions in medication. It covers the basic constructions, synthesis tools, characterization tools, and the actual and chemical houses of calcium phosphate biomaterials, in addition to the synthesis and houses of calcium phosphate-based biomaterials in regenerative medication and their scientific functions.
FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics Viva deals a different method of this excessive stakes examination, from the workforce at the back of the hugely winning Oxford revision direction. in response to the primary that viva applicants enhance their approach by means of watching and studying from others, the writer workforce have created a best-pracitce formulation for facing the person eventualities.
- Nutrition and bone health
- Biomaterials in Orthopedics
- Skeletal Trauma Basic Science, Management and Reconstruction
- Comparative Osteology : A Laboratory and Field Guide of Common North American Animals
- Dynamic Reconstruction of the Spine
- Skeletal Tissue Mechanics
Additional resources for Hand Surgery Study Guide
S. R Schmitt, and N. B. Vedder. 1994. Factors affecting functional outcome of displaced intra-articular distal radius fractures. J. Hand Surg. 19A:325. Viegas, S. F. 1994. Carpal instabilities. In: Hand surgery update, Chap. 10, 1-13. American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Englewood, Co. 48 5. Wrist Injuries Questions A. After falling on his outstretched hand, a 23-year-old male is found on a lateral X-ray of the wrist to have the axis of the scaphoid 47° volar to the axis of the lunate (a 47° scapholunate angle).
Giant cell tumor of the bones of the hand. J. Hand Surg. 5:39. Bryan, R. , E. H. Soule, and J. H. Dobyns. 1974. Primary epithelioid sarcoma of the hand and forearm: a review of thirteen cases. J. Bone Joint Surg. 56A:458. Creighton, J. , c. A. Peimer, E. R. Mindell, D. C. Boone, C. P. Karakonis, and H. O. Douglass. 1985. Primary malignant tumors of the upper extremity: retrospective analysis of 126 cases. J. Hand Surg. 10A:805. Enzinger, F. , and S. W. Weiss. 1983. Soft tissue tumors. St Louis: Mosby.
2. 3. 4. 5. Lunate dislocation Perilunar dislocation Volar rotary subluxation of the scaphoid Dorsal rotary subluxation of the scaphoid Normal scapholunate alignment B. A 28-year-old male involved in a motorcycle accident injures his left wrist. The radiograph (Fig. 5-14) shows a dislocated: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Lunate Scaphoid Lunate and pisiform Lunate and fractured radial styloid Lunate and fractured scaphoid Fig. 5-14. Questions 49 C. Figure 5-15 shows the radiographic appearance of the dominant wrist of a 22-year-old laborer following 7 months of cast immobilization.