By Paul Cornell
Excel As Your Database courses these of you who have to deal with evidence and figuresyet have little adventure, finances, or desire for a full-scale relational database administration approach. you are going to tips on how to use Excel to go into, shop, and learn your data.This booklet is written and arranged in a fashion that assumes you will have a few familiarity with Excel, yet now not with databases. The e-book gains quick-start suggestions, perform routines, troubleshooting assistance, and top practices. * This e-book covers Excel 2007 and 2003. * the writer clarifies not only the way to use a strategy, yet below what life like eventualities. * The textual content positive factors step by step, how-to approaches. * Try-it-out routines are in line with life like pattern information.
Read or Download Excel as Your Database PDF
Similar .net books
This e-book is an outstanding begin for somebody new to ASP. web, in addition to an entire consultant to the hot positive aspects of model 2. zero for programmers accustomed to an previous model. the start chapters aspect suggestions utilizing a hypothetical corporation, reading the myriad varieties of requests and occasions frequently asked via consumers.
"No one is familiar with ASP. internet like Fritz Onion. And not anyone understands . web safeguard like Keith Brown. mix the 2 and what do you get? the main entire and enlightening booklet on ASP. web 2. zero industrywide. i am convinced you can find the booklet you are retaining used to be worthy each penny. - Aaron Skonnard, member of technical employees and cofounder, Pluralsight"Essential ASP.
Definite, there's a few scope for development right here. however it is ridiculous to criticize the writer for no longer making the publication longer. My cabinets are groaning less than the load of massive desktop books, bloated with details that's on hand somewhere else.
Instead of padding out his booklet, Mitchel tells you the place to get the knowledge you need.
What Mitchel does provide, that i have never visible wherever else (except his site), is a whole remedy of the internet program tasks (WAP) path to module improvement. WAP vs WSP is a kind of silly spiritual wars.
What Mitchel does not say (but most likely should still) is that the choice website initiatives (WSP)route won't get you the place you must move. He purely observes that "there are how you can create compiled assemblies from WSP tasks yet they're very complicated to complete". yet, when you have a fancy module or suite of modules, you could easily be not able to assemble them as a WSP. i've got learnt that the difficult way.
His booklet is not only the easiest remedy of WAP improvement in DotNetNuke, however the just one. For that by myself it really is definitely worth the greenbacks.
This ebook is written for architects and builders getting ready to layout and construct enterprise-scale e-business purposes utilizing Microsoft's visible Studio. web and . web Framework. it's going to advisor technical architects and software program builders throughout the layout and improvement of a fully-featured e-commerce software, the gasTIX on-line ticketing approach, utilizing the .
- MCSD Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solutions Architectures Study Guide (Exam 70-300)
- Debugging Microsoft .NET 2.0 Applications
Extra info for Excel as Your Database
2. Using one worksheet per data table, enter data records into each table. 3. Make sure that each worksheet contains a primary-key data field. 4. Make sure that for each worksheet, each data record in that worksheet has a primarykey data value in the primary-key data field that is unique to that worksheet. 5. Make sure that for each worksheet with data records related to the primary-key data table worksheet, the related worksheet contains a foreign-key field. 6. Make sure that each data record in the related worksheet contains a primary-key data value in the foreign-key data field, with that primary-key data value taken from the related record in the primary-key data table worksheet.
10. In the Dimensions list, right-click the Category dimension, click Rename, type Product, and press Enter. 11. Drag Price Point from the Source Fields list to Category in the Dimensions list. In the Dimensions list, you should have a Location dimension with a Country member and a District member; a Time dimension with a Year member and a Quarter member; and a Product dimension with a Category member and a Price Point member. Compare your results with Figure 1-2. qxp 30 1/5/07 3:05 PM Page 30 CHAPTER 1 ■ DATA BASICS Figure 1-2.
8. Next to the File box, click the ellipsis (. ) button. 9. cub file, click Open. 10. Click Finish, and click OK. 11. In the Choose Data Source dialog box on the OLAP Cubes tab, select ExcelDB_Ch01_05. 12. Click OK. The Import Data dialog box appears. 13. Click OK. The PivotTable Field List pane appears. 14. In the PivotTable Field List pane, select the Sum of Units Sold, Location, Product, and Time check boxes. 15. Drag the Location icon from the Row Labels box to the Report Filter box. 16. Drag the Time icon from the Row Labels box to the Column Labels box.