By Earle Castledine, Myles Eftos, Max Wheeler
Read Online or Download Build Mobile Websites and Apps for Smart Devices PDF
Best web-design books
No different booklet on HTML bargains a project-based procedure for higher-end clients. This project-oriented technique offers hands-on workouts that you should observe within the actual global. "HTML specialist tasks" makes a speciality of constructing 4 sorts of websites: company intranet, e-commerce, non-profit/ government-related, and public kinfolk.
Cascading sort sheets (CSS) are the trendy general for site presentation. whilst mixed with a structural markup language similar to HTML, XHTML, or XML (though no longer restricted to these), cascading variety sheets supply web browsers with the knowledge that allows them to give all of the visible points of an internet rfile.
- XQuery From The Experts A Guide To The W3C XML Query Language
- FrontPage 2002 : professionale Websites entwickeln
- The Copywriting Sourcebook: How to write better copy, faster - for everything from ads to websites
- Design Accessible Web Sites: 36 Keys to Creating Content for All Audiences and Platforms (Pragmatic Programmers)
Extra resources for Build Mobile Websites and Apps for Smart Devices
22. 22. Examples of tab bars with differentiated buttons, from Path, Instagram, and DailyBooth Interface Icons In our tab bar, we’re using icons alongside text to reinforce the function behind each menu item, as well as adding graphical flair to the design. Both Android and iOS have similar design philosophies for their interface icons—namely that they’re simple monochrome icons. This makes it easier to create a consistent iconography, and lets us use color in the icons to indicate selected (and other) states for each tab.
How might that look? 21 gives an idea. 21. Our tab bar again, this time with an item selected Here’s a breakdown of the key features of the selected state: ■ dark overlay to increase contrast on the selected button ■ use of a contrasting color, in this case the gold color from our palette Design for Mobile 39 ■ a subtle spot to draw attention ■ added depth—highlights and shadow—to our interface icon The task of styling the tab bar requires a delicate balance. We want to separate it from our content without having it disappear into the background completely.
Media queries are an extension of the familiar media-type attributes we’ve long used to deliver print stylesheets to our HTML pages. The difference is that instead of only allowing a singular context for those CSS rules, we can query (hence the name) the physical characteristics of our user’s device. This means we can deliver different stylesheets (or bits of stylesheets) to only the devices that fit the criteria we specify. css" /> Of course, we’re not limited to inspecting the width of the device in question.