By David Yack
* This precise e-book deals readers valuable details from the cream of the crop-Microsoft MVPs-who are actually sharing undocumented hacks for the 1st time * filled with superlative recommendation on ASP, Microsoft's renowned expertise for websites, this ebook may help readers turn into extra effective builders, locate suggestions to difficulties they inspiration unsolvable, and advance greater purposes * in the course of their a long time of operating with ASP.NET, Microsoft MVPs have responded millions of questions, placing them within the special place of realizing precisely what readers want to know * some of the hacks will observe to a number of types of ASP.NET, not only 2.0 yet 1.0 and 1.1 besides
Read or Download ASP.NET 2.0 MVP Hacks and Tips PDF
Similar .net books
This publication is an exceptional commence for somebody new to ASP. web, in addition to a whole consultant to the recent positive factors of model 2. zero for programmers acquainted with an previous model. the start chapters aspect strategies utilizing a hypothetical corporation, interpreting the myriad kinds of requests and events usually asked by means of consumers.
"No one is familiar with ASP. web like Fritz Onion. And nobody understands . internet safeguard like Keith Brown. mix the 2 and what do you get? the main accomplished and enlightening publication on ASP. web 2. zero industrywide. i am certain you can find the ebook you are retaining was once worthy each penny. - Aaron Skonnard, member of technical employees and cofounder, Pluralsight"Essential ASP.
Definite, there's a few scope for development right here. however it is ridiculous to criticize the writer for no longer making the ebook longer. My cabinets are groaning lower than the burden of massive desktop books, bloated with details that's available somewhere else.
Instead of padding out his booklet, Mitchel tells you the place to get the knowledge you need.
What Mitchel does provide, that i have not noticeable at any place else (except his site), is a whole remedy of the net software tasks (WAP) path to module improvement. WAP vs WSP is a kind of silly non secular wars.
What Mitchel does not say (but most likely may still) is that the choice website initiatives (WSP)route won't get you the place you must pass. He in simple terms observes that "there are how you can create compiled assemblies from WSP initiatives yet they're very advanced to complete". yet, when you have a posh module or suite of modules, you'll easily be not able to assemble them as a WSP. i've got learnt that the tough way.
His ebook isn't just the simplest therapy of WAP improvement in DotNetNuke, however the just one. For that by myself it's well worth the dollars.
This ebook is written for architects and builders getting ready to layout and construct enterprise-scale e-business functions utilizing Microsoft's visible Studio. web and . web Framework. it's going to consultant technical architects and software program builders throughout the layout and improvement of a fully-featured e-commerce program, the gasTIX on-line ticketing procedure, utilizing the .
- MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Web Applications With Microsoft Visual Basic.Net and Microsoft Visual C#.Net: Exams 70-305 and 70-315
- WCF 4.5 Multi-Layer Services Development with Entity Framework
- Thinking in LINQ: Harnessing the power of functional programing in .NET applications
- Customizing the Microsoft .NET Framework Common Language Runtime
- Visual C++ Optimization with Assembly Code
Additional info for ASP.NET 2.0 MVP Hacks and Tips
If you decide to store those also in the Database Project and store them in the same folder with stored procedures, it's possible you might end up running them when you don't intend to do so. This is a great way to test your backup from the night before! How can this happen? One of the features of the database project is the capability it offers you to select the items in the folder and click "run" or "run on" and have it run the script on the target database. If you have drop/create scripts mixed in the folders, then the unsuspecting team member selects all items and runs on the database thinking all they are doing is adding the stored procedures to the database.
The ideas presented here are not intended to be a one-size-fits-all solution, but rather to offer ideas so you can get started on the right path. Unless the application you're building is very small, starting out by creating a blank solution is probably the best approach. Solutions exist to enable you to have multiple projects loaded, and by using Solution Explorer you can navigate from one to the next. In addition to acting as a container for multiple projects, when you reference one project from another project in the same solution, the reference information is stored inside the solution file.
This chapter describes how that can be applied during project startup, and in Chapter 13 the template concept is discussed in greater detail. It would be unrealistic to assume that all of the suggestions and discussions in this chapter make sense in all projects. Like most of the topics in this book, you do not need to adopt 100 percent of the recommendations—find what works for your organization and the specific application being developed. Organizing Projects and Solutions One of the first decisions that should be made when starting development on a new application is how to organize your project.